There is a growing body of peer-reviewed literature relevant to post-graduate training programs. You can find some such literature organized chronologically here.
- Dunphy, L., Flinter, M., & Simmonds, K. The Primary Care Nurse Practitioner. Chapter 15, pp374-405, in Advanced Practice Nursing; authors Tracy, Mary Fran and Eileen O’Grady. 6th Edition. Elsevier, 2019
- Blasi, P. R., Cromp, D., McDonald, S., Hsu, C., Coleman, K., Flinter, M., & Wagner, E. H. (2018). Approaches to Behavioral Health Integration at High Performing Primary Care Practices. The Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine, 31(5), 691-701.
- Flinter, M. and Bamrick, K. Ed. Kathleen Thies. (2018) Training the Next Generation: Residency and Fellowship Programs for Nurse Practitioners in Community Health Centers. Accessible for PDF download at: https://www.weitzmaninstitute.org/NPResidencyBook .
- Flinter, M., & Hart, A. (2017). Thematic elements of the postgraduate residency year and transition to the role of primary care provider in a federally qualified health center. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 7(1).
- Flinter, M., Hsu, C., Cromp, D., & Wagner, E. (2017). Registered Nurses in Ambulatory Care. Emerging new roles and contributions to team-based care. Journal of Ambulatory Care Management, 40(4), 287-296.
- Naegle, M., Mitchell, A.M., & Flinter, M. (2017). Opioid Misuse Epidemic: Addressing opioid prescribing and organizational initiatives for holistic, safe, and compassionate care. Nursing Outlook.
- Delaney, K., Naegle, M., & Flinter, M. (2016). Critical workforce issues for registered and advanced practice nurses in integrated care models. Nursing Outlook.
- Bush, T., Lowery, B. (2016) Post Graduate Nurse Practitioner Education: Impact on Job Satisfaction The Journal for Nurse Practitioners. 12 (4). 226-234.
- Flinter, M; Hart A. (2016). Thematic Elements of postgraduate NP residency year and transition to the primary care provider role in a Federally Qualified Health Center. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice 7(1) 95-106
- Norwick, R. (2016) Family Nurse Practitioner Residency for Recruitment and Retention. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 12(5), e231-e233.
- Rugen, K.W., Speroff, E., Zapatka, S., & Brienza, R. (2016) Veteran’s Affairs Interprofessional Nurse Practitioner Residency in Primary Care: A Competency-based Program. The Journal for Nursing Practitioners, 12 (6),
- Sciacca, K. & Reville, B. (2016) . Evaluation of Nurse Practitioners Enrolled in Fellowship and Residency Programs: Methods and Trends. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 12 (6), 75-80.